The Powering Communities Program
Community organisations across Australia can apply for a share of $10.2 million in Australian Government funding for local energy saving projects that will lower power bills and help reduce Australia’s emissions.
Expressions of interest are now open for funding under the Powering Communities Program, with grants of between $5,000 and $12,000 available.
The Program will fund up to 12 projects worth a total of $67,700 in each federal electorate. Each federal MP will nominate projects, with community organisations then invited to apply. Eligible projects include:
- Installing solar PV systems and batteries;
- Replacing high-energy using equipment, such as air conditioners and lighting with more efficient equipment; and
- Energy audits and monitoring equipment.
Grants will cover up to 100 per cent of eligible project costs, with no co-contribution required.
Further information on the program, including eligibility guidelines, is available at business.gov.au or by telephone on 13 28 46.
Expressions of interest now open:
There are plenty of federal grants available all the time
- For a current list of all federal grants:
- also a list of current community grants can be found here: